Make It Dayton has, to date, been a loose gathering of local Makers who banded together to bring Dayton the 2015 and 2016 Maker Fest and the 2016, 2017 and soon 2018 Dayton Mini Maker Faire. Through these events, we’ve built relationships with numerous makerspaces, maker clubs, startups, libraries, schools and other groups who are interested in growing the Maker Movement in and around Dayton. Lately, we’ve been thinking – if we’ve managed to bring together 85+ exhibits and 3000+ attendees for the Dayton Mini Maker Faire, and if we now have this growing network of makers, what is next? How can we make Make It Dayton a force for good in our community?
The answer is – we’re not sure! But, we’ve recently sent out a survey to the “brain trust” that we’ve pulled together over the last few years and are starting to form the answer. Make It Dayton will be undergoing some changes and growing pains in 2018 as we redefine what we are outside of just the Maker Faire planning committee. If you are interested in coming along on this journey of maker discovery with us, here are a few things you can do:
- Subscribe to this blog so you are in the loop for all the latest updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @makeitdayton
- Join our mailing list by filling out the Contact Us form
- Volunteer to help us figure it all out by filling out the Contact Us form
- Let us know what you think Make It Dayton should be! Guess how? That’s right, fill out the Contact Us form!
We plan on starting to hold regular meetings in the coming months, and we’ll be posting that information here as well as social media. We hope to see you there.